Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recovery

I was so glad to see in Ramon's workout email yesterday that we were going to have an easy night. I was still a little sore from racing the 1/2 marathon on Sunday and was looking forward to a non-hill night, even though it's still technically hill month.

He also gave his two cents about the half:
"Congratulations to all those brave ones that got up sooooo freaking early on Sunday to participate in the Queen Half marathon, congratulations on a great show and performance, you made us proud !! I know it was a very tough day out there, hot and humid, totally sucked !! One positive thing about it?

Welllll……let me see…hmmm…. Nothing really !! Just be proud that you were able to deal with such miserable conditions !!"

which pretty much summed up how I felt about it too. But it made me feel better about not reaching my time goal. If Ramon thought it sucked out there it must have really sucked because he usually tells us to not be such big babies about it :)

So last night was a very easy 4.5 mile loop. As usual, we didn't really get started until about 7, so we were basically running in the dark the whole time. (I can't believe it gets so dark so early). I tried not to take it out too hard because I knew it was a recovery run. I averaged about 9:35 per mile, but I guess that's okay because I didn't really feel tired, just like it was a nice run. And believe it or not, I think that little run actually helped my legs to recover.

This weekend I am doing my 20 and I am NOT looking forward to it. In the past I have only done one 20 miler before the marathon. It looks like this season I will be doing 2! I know most marathoners do this, so it's not a big deal, but it's just weird for me. As usual, before my 20s I am a little nervous about the whole thing. BUT it is a "field trip" run, so that might be fun. I just hope that someone else in my group is also doing a 20, because the girls I usually run with are doing the Philadelphia Half this weekend.

Tonight is a cross-training night, so I guess it's back to yoga.



No comments: