Thursday, June 25, 2009

If Only It Were That Easy...

Words of wisdom from Ramon about our upcoming race this Sunday:

I understand that you may be a little tiny bit nervous, and it is ok, but I think I can help you with that. How? Easy!! I just gonna remind you that you have no chance of winning the race, sooooo....why should you be nervous??
Just relax, enjoy it!! A race is nothing more that a measured distance run, with lots of people with numbers on the chest, a clock at the finish, people running in the same direction, people lining up under a banner that says 'Start' and people spending minutes looking for this thing that says "Finish" ...simple... just look for that finish thingy and then you are done,
no pressure !!!

If only I can keep that in mind, everything will be good :)

1 comment:

Jives said...

Thanks for the smile! Although, when I race I'm usually trying to beat myself (old PR's etc.) and not everyone else (unless they look like they might be in my age group)...