Thursday, July 15, 2010

Running on Vacation

Or, haha, maybe I should title this post "NOT Running on Vacation".

This was actually the first vacation I've taken since high school where I actually did pack my running shoes. So that was a good start. I also packed a couple of workout DVDs and my resistance band. All of this was sort of in vain though.

I started out the week in a very positive way, with a run down the beach with Bill. We decided to cut it to a 20 minute run (even before we started) just because running in the sand is exceedingly difficult. The goal was to make it to this pier we saw (which turned out to be a lot further away than I thought). We ALMOST made it. But let me tell you...

Running on the beach is a whole different ballgame. Automatically my legs were TIGHT. It might have helped if I was running with my running shoes instead of barefoot, but come on, how can you not run barefoot on the beach? I did see some other runners that afternoon though, and they seemed to be manuevering better in their running shoes.

It was fun, but I guess I thought that heading to the beach every morning to read my book was more fun, because that's what I did every other day.

Luckily, it seemed to not affect my overall fitness. When I got back to NYC we did a nice little run on Monday and yesterday I was able to get in a decent resistance workout. I'm hoping for a nice 4-miler in the park on Saturday. Now all I have to do is convince Bill. :)

No comments: