Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lots of Energy

I don't know where all of this energy is coming from...definitely not from sleep because a full night of uninterrupted sleep is something I haven't had in a long time. Perhaps it is the two iron pills I am taking a day to combat my anemia. At any rate, I am NOT complaining.

I finally feel back on track with my workouts. I am not saying that I am doing amazing things on these workouts, just that the frequency of these workouts is more what I wanted them to be.

For example, Monday I went on a run with Bill, Tuesday I did my prenatal resistance band DVD and Wednesday I even got some weight training in! Tonight I plan on another run with Bill, another DVD on Friday and then Saturday we are planning on a nice, long run. (Long being like 5 miles, which will probably take forever).

I just can't figure out my runs lately though, and I've pretty much given up on trying to do this. I mean, last week I was hardly working out at all and I felt GREAT on my little run. This week it was a bit rougher. I stuck to my intervals (3 minutes run and 2 minutes walk) but it was a lot harder. I do still feel like I'm running up and down instead of forward. It's kind of crazy. At least last time I didn't have any crazy back pain afterwards.

I really really want to sign up for another NYRR race, probably the Fitness Magazine 4-miler. But I don't know. I would be 36 weeks by then, so it's probably not a good idea :) I don't really want to go into labor in Central Park. Unfortunately, August races are few and far between (I'm not really up for any more half marathons :) , so I think my racing career might be put on hold.

Bill thinks that when I do get back into racing next year that I will be crazy. I think he's right. I told him I'm going to come back from a practice run and be like "BILL! I was hitting 6:45 miles! For 5 miles!" and then the next week I'm going to be like "I don't understand...why can't I go any faster than 10 minute miles! For 2 miles?"

No comments: