Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Enough of These Heat Waves!

All right. Really? ANOTHER heat wave? This is what...number 12 or something for this summer? And really...it is September now. I am totally itching to go out for a run and having a hard time sticking to the pregnancy rule of 85 degrees and under. I swear, if I have to do my prenatal workout dvd one more time I might just go crazy.

The heat must also be making me crazy because I was working on an image board for work and my task was to find images of athletic women's empowerment. Of course I thought of all the great signs and ads etc from the Nike Women's Marathon and started looking for images of that online. And as I was scrolling through them I saw the identity for the 2010 Nike Women's Marathon (which is so much cooler and much more hardcore than last years). Anyway, it made me want to run that marathon again. I SWORE I would never run that marathon again, but I was seriously thinking about reconsidering that for the future.

This is not the first time I am missing training for marathons. I mean, it has been a substantial part of my life for three years now. Argh. Frustrating.

But I am looking forward to my next race, which is next weekend (the 11th). It is only 4 miles but that is a substantial amount for me now. Besides, it will feel good to "race" again, like I am doing something back from my "normal" life. :)

No comments: