Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hibernation

I feel like I'm getting ready for hibernation. I can't stop eating crap food. It doesn't help that it is ever so available at work and every time my stomach growls, or I'm bored, or I'm stuck creatively I go grab some candy, or potato chips or whatever. It doesn't even deter me that I'm upstairs and the food is downstairs. In fact, I think it makes me do it even more because I'm like 'a little walk will be good to take a creative break.' And I can't stop drinking soda! What the heck? I NEVER drank soda before I moved back. Argh! And that's just the food part.

I'm also not working out. After the half marathon 2 weeks ago (2 weeks ago?!) I told myself it was time to get serious about working out again. And then I got sick. And for two weeks now I've been so tired by the end of the day that working out is not an option.

I also feel like I could sleep for about two more hours than I have in the morning.

All of this has made me gain 7 pounds since I've been here. That's sick. It's all in my gut too. This is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because no one can ever tell that I've gained weight. A curse because really, the last place I want to gain is my gut. How unsightly.

I also keep hearing about how it's the one year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy and THAT makes me mad because it just opens up that whole 'You didn't get to run the New York City marathon and found out at the LAST MINUTE, thank you very much, Mary Wittenberg' wound. Which probably wouldn't be half as bad if I was actually running a marathon this year.

I just want to get over this stupid cold thingy so I can start running and lifting weights again.

On another note, I am obsessed with Born to Run. It makes me want to run barefoot (or at least in my FiveFingers). I also kind of want to be a crazy running vegan. (This may also have to do with me binge watching The Walking Dead.) But then I look at my diet and am like 'Yeah, okay, maybe a crazy barefoot runner, but not a crazy vegan barefoot runner).

I also really want to do a trail marathon, but I'm not having much luck finding a lot that are not out west. I am finding a lot of 50ks. Which makes me wonder...could I run those extra 4.8 miles? I mean, by that point at mile 26.2 your body is already trashed...

Is this how it starts? Is this how ultrarunners get into it?

What am I talking about? I couldn't even get a 2 mile run in in the past 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Jives1979 said...

I have been eating like crazy too! I think it's the weather...

Are you doing the Fleet Feet trail running group? My dad ran with them a few years ago and I think there was a trail marathon in Indiana...

Miss you, glad you're blogging again.

Evil Twin

CKron said...

Agree - it's the weather/season.

I'm also obsessed with Born to Run [so happy Maren picked it!] - I'm pretty set on buying some Five Fingers this spring from RRT as well! I'm going to buy my own copy to read over and over again until the pages fall out.

And yeah, I swear I'm on the precipice of vegan... just... can't... get there!

Unknown said...

Jives1979 - I am doing the Fleet Feet trail group. I can't wait! They start in 2 weeks!

CKron - I suggest the Bikilas for your Vibrams. I LOVE mine!