Thursday, August 21, 2008

Give me a Break

So apparently I am not allowed to run or do anything else for myself...including laundry, taking my dog for a walk, etc. Needless to say that I am having a very hard time with work/life balance and I don't want it to screw up all of the training I've done. For instance, tonight I am taking work home. Again. Even though I am jetlagged (from work). It's going to be another 2am night for me I can tell.

In addition to screwing up my training, not running is just bad for me mentally. Running allows me to decompress, and on a certain level, meditate. I definitely need it.

So, even though I have a TON of work to do I am going to try get a few miles in. I probably only have time for three, but that is better than nothing I suppose.

I am really hoping that the first 7 months of my job here were not just a delusion to make me want to stay here. This past month has been crap. :(

No comments: