Monday, August 18, 2008

Seasonal Clothing Gripe

OK. I know I complain about this constantly, but NOW I even have more reason; I do NOT have closet or drawer space in my tiny NYC apartment to house three different sizes of clothing. And that's what has happened to me this year. I have vacillated between three sizes of clothing. And it's not like I go up a size in my pants and go up a size in my shirt. It's just like all over the place. I lose pounds. I lose inches in one place but not in another, I gain inches in other places. It makes it very difficult.

I used to give away my clothing when it didn't fit, but now I have decided to keep it because I am constantly in between sizes.

It is all due to running.

And I don't know if I am gaining/losing fat or muscle. This winter I was definitely losing fat. I can tell in my midsection which got a LOT flatter, but overall I didn't really look that different. Now, I THINK I gained some fat back, but I can't tell if I really have or if I've just gotten used to looking at myself in the mirror in my smaller size and am being more judgmental. My smaller jeans still fit but is that because they are stretched out or dirty or am I losing inches again? I still weigh the same that I did this winter when I lost all of my fat weight. BUT when I sit down on the couch my thighs slap together and clap AND my armpits did the same thing only LOUDER when I ran down the only hill on the Lunken bike trail. It makes it very hard to shop for/have clothes that fit and are stylish which is pretty important in my job :(

ARGHHHH! It is maddening.

I could probably figure out if I was losing or gaining by the simple use of a tape measure, but I'm pretty sure I'm gaining, so I'm pretty sure I don't want to know. Anyway, it still wouldn't solve my clothing problem.

I'm just going to eat when I'm hungry. (Which is basically all the time.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's muscle! How else do you think you got through Hill Month? ;)

Glad you're back.