Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things

Last night was my first run since vacation. Luckily, Ramon had mercy on us and we all did the same workout – a five mile loop of the park. We were supposed to "race" it, but I decided to run it comfortably since I had taken the previous week off.

I honestly felt great for the first 2 miles. Then, I was just tired.

It was a struggle to finish.

Everyone I usually run with was passing me, but I didn't really care because I just felt tired. I estimated that I was doing about a 9:45 mile, but I was okay with that too, because I feel like the first run back after time off you just have to get out of the way. I just kept thinking "too many margaritas!"

I actually ended up finishing with an 8:29 overall pace. So that made me happy.

This weekend I have the Queens half marathon which should be interesting. I am definitely not expecting a PR. BUT the weather is supposed to be perfect, with the high of the day being only 74 degrees! Whoo-hoo!

No comments: