Friday, November 13, 2009

Fast Girl

OK, so Bill and I always run this one stretch in Riverside Park. It is my easy run and I always feel like a loser when I do it because it is such a short distance that it is almost not worth putting my running clothes on. However, when I pretty much don't feel like running I feel like running this is better than not running at all.

We FINALLY mapped it out on mapmyrun (because I keep forgetting to charge my Garmin) and found out that it is more mileage than I thought. Hurrah! For some reason, I feel like 2.88 miles is much more worth the run than the 2 miles I thought it was.

It also helped because Bill kept figuring out our times based on 2 miles and it just seemed so SLOW. This made me sad, because I felt like we were going fast. Like, it was winding me.

Turns out, we were averaging a 7:59 pace. And that was with some walking when my shoulder cramped up. That makes me feel a LOT better.

This weekend I told Bill we should aim for a "long" 4 miles.

Haha. I love the off-season.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got a giveaway going on at my blog for a $25 gift card to Running Warehouse. Today is the last day to enter so stop by and check it out @ www.trithedream.com

Nicole said...

At least you got out there and did your run. The little runs count too.