Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Running Again

Last night I went for my first run after the Nike Run as One run.

Yes, I have been extremely reluctant to run since the marathon. I think I need a break from it. The problem is that if I'm not running, I find it very hard to do cross-training or anything else productive in the fitnessy arena. Mostly I just sit around and watch TV while knitting socks.

Anyway, it was not a great run for me. First of all, it was only 2 miles. But instead of enjoying it like I should have been doing, I was trying to work out my stress demons in my head. I know a lot of people who love running for this particular reason. However, I am not one of them.

Actually, when I am very stressed I find that it makes the run longer and harder and not enjoyable at all.

At the turnaround, I was feeling crampy, right in my left shoulder/chest area. Yuck.

So I had to turn around and walk back until it went away (which was quickly), but still...

It's too bad, because it's been very warm out.

No comments: