Sunday, February 7, 2010

Second Long Run in Central Park

This weekend was absolutely crazy (as was this week) and I didn't get as much running in as I had hoped due to my second round of dental surgery. Yuck.

So I made sure that on Saturday I went for my run in Central Park, even though I didn't really want to. Luckily (for running) we had not gotten any of those crazy snowstorms that were predicted, so the paths were clear and I had a pretty enjoyable run. I even pushed myself to run up the Strawberry Fields hill at the end, because it is steep and because I knew it was good for me.

For some reason though, I can't seem to keep a consistent pace. It's the same deal as always...I do the exact opposite of a negative split. This one was very crazily un-negative, and I think it's because I was running by myself.

My first mile was 7:50, and I felt super good. It was mostly flat though. I knew the hills would kill me in the next two miles and I would have to slow down.

My second mile was 9:06 and my third was 9:12.

Hmmmm. Definitely have to work on more even pacing!

No comments: