Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Balance

Okay, so this whole balance thing is working out a little better for me, but maybe that's because I haven't actually worked out in a whole week :) I have had this pesky cold that would NOT go away. I figured out that having a cold while not getting a full night's sleep every night basically makes a cold last about ten times longer. Liam (of course) had a cold too, so neither of us were at our best last week.

However, it seems the whole work thing is working out a little better now. We have a girl coming in to watch Liam once a week so that I can get work done during the day and not from nine to whenever I finish. It makes me WANT to work out again and look forward to those midday runs.

I think that is the best part about working from home -- I can run during the day.

I do feel like I need to kick my butt in gear trainingwise. I have the More Half Marathon coming up in (eek) 11 days and I am feeling very unprepared. Taking a week off due to sickness is always frustrating. But I have to remember that up until last week I was totally on track with my training.

I think this one is not going to be run for time, but to finish. I feel like that is a major copout, but I'm just not feeling it yet...which is one of the things I want to work on this year. I have this theory that running for me is far more mental than physical. That's why I can kick butt in practice but not live up to my expectations for the race. I am still looking for that marathon that I can be happy with. I'm hoping it's right around the corner in November :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's not a copout- that's reality. It's hard to get into something when there's an adorable baby at the focus of your attention. Last year it was all about you and your running, now it's all about him. That's the way it should be!