Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Catching Up

It's weird. I haven't really missed a TON of workouts...but I feel like I have. I was looking back at my calendar, and really, I only missed one running workout last week. Unfortunately, this did happen to be a hill workout, which I could have really used. I also missed two cross-training workouts. In the big scheme of things, I guess this isn't a big deal. I mean, really, this tends to happen every marathon season for me somewhere along the line. I didn't even miss my long run, which tends to happen as well.

This week I missed a Monday night workout (which was designated as "rest or cross-training"), but I got right back on track last night. Tonight I have a speed workout, and I have already decided that if for some reason I can't get home in time, I will do the substitute on the treadmill. Not ideal, of course, but better than nothing.

The real thing I am catching up on is sleep. It's funny, but I didn't realize how much I wasn't sleeping until I started sleeping again. Now I feel like I am in hibernation each morning when the alarm goes off. My body just does not want to stop sleeping :)

So this week, I am concentrating on one thing...catching up on sleep. I have trained for enough marathons to know that this is just as important (if not more so) than the actual training.

No comments: