Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hill Climbs

WOW. I actually got out of work at a real time last night, and SO DID BILL!!!

Even though it was really really cold and very windy, we did hill climbs last night. Now granted, it was probably the easiest hill workout I've ever done, but it was still good.

Since LOST was on last night (and I'm a freak who is totally addicted), I planned the workout for Riverside Park instead of Central Park. Even though it is only closer by 3 long blocks, it DOES make a difference in timing :)

So we did a nice 1.7 mile warmup all the way up to where the park "ends" (it doesn't really end there, but you have to go up steps and walk to the street to continue on into the park again). There are two sets of steps that go up to the street. They are not short steps, but long, wide steps...each has about 7 ft of depth. The steps are a sharp, fast incline, and we ran up them, fast, 6 times. It was rough, and I sort of started to sound like Stephi Graf (isn't she the one who used to grunt when she played tennis?) because I was really pushing myself.

After the hill climbs, we did a nice little cool down for the 1.7 miles back.

It felt nice to run outside during the week...even if it was cold and windy.

Today I am picking up my packet/race number for our second half marathon in the Grand Prix – the Bronx half marathon, which is on Sunday. It is the only one of the five that is on the "mainland" of the United States, which I think is funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow Em!!