Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Best Laid Plans...

So all of my good intentions to jump-start my training again were once again foiled by work. It is a vicious cycle. Working late means I will have to wake up early to get my running in. But working late also means that I am way too tired and too unmotivated when the alarm goes off in the morning to work out, much les go back to work.

The last time I was at the gym or working out was Monday.

All right, Tuesday was my fault, because I went to a They Might Be Giants concert. I had planned on counting that as a workout, because those concerts are CRAZY. But I guess their audience has gotten a lot older (OK, I figured out that I've been going to their concerts for 10 years) so there is not as much moshing and jumping around as there used to be. Therefore, I cannot count it as a workout.

So with working last night until 11:30, a probable repeat tonight and tomorrow night, a Saturday workday, and flying out for a business trip that will last a week on Sunday I REALLY don't know when I am going to run again.

I am soooooo tired.

I have this theory that it is not the stress of work that kills people (or not ONLY the stress)...but the sleeplessness, the not-being-able to workout and the junky nasty food that we order for late-night work sessions.

I can already tell that my time is going to suffer incredibly for the Thanksgiving Day 10k. :(

2 comments:

Casey said...

Bummer about your training. The Thanksgiving Day Race is so fun, though, that (hopefully) you'd enjoy it anyway!

Reading your blog, I pictured a group of moshers during a "Particle Man", "Minimum Wage", and "Birdhouse in Your Soul" montage and got the giggles. I guess you'd have to be there, and bummer for me, I have not been to one of their concerts yet.

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I love TMBG!
And sure, the concert can count as a workout :)