Monday, November 19, 2007

Running on Empty :)

OK, so my life has certainly gotten LESS hectic although that would still be considered hectic for most people.

Luckily though, I DID get some running in last week even though I was working from 6am-7pmish (including the commute) AND even though I was in New York. And its a good thing because I really pigged out on food that I really shouldn't have.

I have to admit, it was the girls on my team who really motivated me. We were sitting in sessions all day and they kept saying how they HAD to go to the gym, no matter how long work took and no matter how much they really didn't want to go.

So I got in some treadmill running (yuck). I absolutely hate treadmill running. I swear the settings are always wrong. Like, I was DYING but I was only going 6 mph. A ten minute mile? Come on! I'm running MUCH faster than that right now. Especially since I could only really take 2 miles on the treadmill.

I also got to run in the neighborhood I was in, the West Village, which is my all-time most favoritest area in New York.

Then, when I got home, I begged Bill to go running with me last night. We did about 4 miles in the neighborhood (where I HATE running). I took the first mile out WAY too fast at 8:51. Whoops. I felt like I was dying the rest of the time as a result, but then one of my favorite running songs came on at the end, "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. I must have really picked up the pace because I left Bill in the dust (and he is speedy). I didn't even realize it because I was in "the zone". Bill came up and was like "did you like, really pick up the pace?" ZAP! Out of my zone. So I listened to the song again to get back into it, but really, it didn't work (it never does). And besides that, we were really too close to home at that time.

I finished with a 9:06 overall pace. Hurrah!

And THAT's without the excitement of running in a crowd!

No comments: