Monday, November 5, 2007

Yay for Me!

This weekend did NOT look promising for getting my run in. My original plan (of running before I got into work and then working in my sweaty running clothes) fell through when I realized the DWR Warehouse Sale was this weekend. Since I am a sucker for inexpensive designer furniture and the sale didn't start until 10, and I had to be at work at 12, things looked grim for my run.


I decided to "Plan B" it, and took my clothes with me, praying that I would get out of work early enough to get my run in. I guess I didn't expect to actually BUY anything at the sale. We got a huge table, which of course didn't fit in my tiny VW or Bill's also tiny Honda. So then we had to make arrangements to borrow my parent's SUV, which made plans all the more complicated, but gave me a reason to leave work and not stay there all day. (You have to pick up your furniture by 4pm).

OK, I KNOW this is a running blog, not a blog about my personal life (ok, well it is a little bit). But the point is, after all of that (and more, I won't go into every detail), I went home, and Bill and I ran.

This is a huge deal for me, because if I have something better to do on the weekends, or heck, even the week (i.e. DWR sale) I will most definitely choose that over running.

This is also the reason my gym membership has sat inactive for so long.

But I'm bucking up and sticking to my workout plans. Even without a group!

It's so stupid too, because running really does make me feel great. And when I'm doing cross-training in the gym it makes me antsy to run. But something inside of me is like "forget it".

Tonight is weight training and some biking. Tomorrow is some sort of speed work. :)

Oh, and just in case you were wondering...my time for my three mile run was 29:59. Roughly a 9:39 pace! Whoo hoo! My marathon pace (10:45) is coming down! (And it is much harder to get that down than you would think. I guess that's because I have been running at that pace since July.)

No comments: