Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Boring

My workout life seems pretty lame and boring when I'm not training for a marathon. Don't get me wrong...I am totally and completely enjoying all of the free time, but it IS rather boring. And I have to pretty much force myself to workout.

Last night I did arm weights and crunches. I am really into testing this whole "muscle makes you lose fat faster" thing. Plus, I would just generally like to tone up. Lifting is SO BORING it makes me want to cry. So I really have to make sure that I am pushing myself as I would do in my running. Last night I was really good and did reps until I was too tired to keep form, rested, and did two more sets like that, for each weight lifting activity. Boring.

I also realized that when it comes to anything but running I am pretty much out of shape. Which is kind of sad.

I think people have a picture in their head of everything a marathoner is...lithe, strong, muscled and pretty much able to do any sport. I think most marathoners I know would laugh at this. I especially would.

One thing I am VERY happy about is that I am losing all of my weight fairly easily (well, as easy as one can do it...). I just remember that it took me 4 months to lose 18 pounds in the winter and 6 months to gain it back. I was so bummed that it would take me 4 months to lose it again.

But I have been pretty vigilant about my diet and working out for the past two weeks and have already lost 5 of those pounds. Thank goodness. I was starting to think there were not too many visible benefits to all the work I keep doing. But at least it is easier to lose all of that fat than it was last time.

I also have been scarfing granola from my stash when I'm hungry instead of cupcakes from the office kitchen. That Bear Naked stuff is actually pretty good (but not as good as cupcakes).

I was planning on treadmill tonight, but I think I'll mix it up. I got this lame (I'm thinking) video a long time ago which I've never tried out. If anything, it will be a hilarious workout.

I did look into Bikram yoga and actually found a great place RIGHT BY MY WORK that is offering 30 days for $30. That is awesome because that is how much ONE class would cost. So I'm going to try it out...but I have to figure out my life scheduling right now. Balance is NOT something that is working out for me this month (ha ha, maybe I COULD use some yoga then).

1 comment:

Casey said...

Do the Bikram! I bet you'll love it.