Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Toy/Experiment

So, my little 2-mile run this morning was really more of an experiment than a workout.

Yes, I said morning, and that is the key word. I am NOT a morning person. Every attempt to work out in the morning is quashed when I have Bill hit snooze, hit snooze, and finally just reset the alarm. However, I realized on Christmas break that I actually felt better when I worked out in the morning (thank you Mom and Sarah). Granted, the morning was like 8:30, which is pretty much when I have to leave for work when I am not on Christmas break, but even so...

So today I decided to get up for my first "easy run" of my marathon training. At SIX THIRTY. AM!

And I survived.

The idea is that I would do my runs in the mornings and some stretching/weights in the evening. This is a good solution because 1) I am not dreading working out all through the day and 2) If Bill has to work late (which he always does) I don't have to skip my workouts because it is too dark/scary out in the park.

We'll see how it goes the rest of the week.

And now, the fun thing.

Bill got me a Garmin Forerunner 405 for Christmas this year!!! I can't really say I love it, because all I've done is program it and charge it, but I do love the idea of it and all of the things that it can do! I am especially intrigued by the "Virtual Partner" part of it, which allows you to "race" well, yourself, basically. The only thing that I am not so happy about is the fact that it is only PC compatible. Come on Garmin!!! Get into the 21st century! You know, the one where a lot of us have Macs? They say that this should all be resolved by "the first quarter of 2009" but from what I've read on the message boards, I shouldn't hold my breath.

Oh, and my Garmin is the green one.

It is so cute.

3 comments:

Casey said...

OMG I flipping LOVE my garmin!!! I just got it for Christmas too!! I love it. I hope you do too!

PS if you have trouble getting your garmin to link to the Garmin Connect, there is a new plug-in available.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I TOTALLY just got that for Christmas too. The green one. I'm still figuring it out. It doesn't help that y running has been irregular and slow.

Unknown said...

Ooh, yay! We will be twins! I won't even tell you how slow it says my pace is...it's embarassing.