Friday, March 13, 2009

Measuring My Calves

Yes. I am so bored from not running that this is what I write about on my running blog.

Actually, I got the idea from my friend Jen, who came to visit me last weekend. I was telling her how I was knitting some knee socks and how you actually get to make room for your calves. This is very nice, because, being a marathon runner, my calves are sort of huge...so normal knee socks don't fit me. So I had to measure my calves before I started, so that I would know how big to make them. Anyway, she thought this was funny and measured her calves too and wrote about it on her running blog. So I am copying, because I have nothing better to write about that is running related.

My calves are 15.75 inches around at their widest point. (And all muscle).

I think this is funny.

I am a small framed girl for my height (5'10", 138 pounds) so I can only assume that this means my calves are big. I must admit, I love muscles. And I'm not trying to be narcissistic.

Bill measured his calves too, because he was just curious after I measured mine :)

I am planning on getting lots of sleep this weekend and crossing my fingers that I feel good enough to do a 13-14 mile run.

No comments: