Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pooped Out

So I had every intention of running 13-14 miles this past weekend with Bill. We were going to take it easy though, since I had been sick all week and Bill just hadn't been running for a long time.

We did the first 6 miles, including 2 upper loops (to get some hills in) and I was feeling a little tired, and kind of ticked that my pace was a lot slower than I am used to. (We were doing about a 10 minute pace). At this point, we stopped for GU. I decided not to beat myself up too much, since I was coming off of being sick. THEN this entire wave of exhaustedness came over me. I just felt like I could lie down right in the middle of the park and go to sleep. I didn't know how I was going to do another loop plus 1-2.

After very much debate with Bill, (who was trying to convince me that my body was run down and I should perhaps think about calling it a day) and me whining and complaining that I had to do at least 12, we compromised and ran another 2.78 miles, making our total 8.78.

After that, I was REALLY exhausted.

So I guess I am glad that Bill made me stop. His point was that I reminded my body that it was not on vacation and that as soon as I was 100% we were heading back into full training.

I WAS pretty sore after the run too.

So I chalk that up to a blah run, and I'm going to make sure I don't have another one this season.

No comments: