Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Running Gods Are Against Me

So...

Just when I started to get into the swing of things again, I get this awful congestion thingy. Not only does it drain me of energy every single day, but also it is in my chest. So this has prevented me from running, walking (except to work, etc), cross-training and any other kind of physical activity that is needed when training for a marathon.

I have to say I am a lot frustrated and a little worried.

I am more frustrated than anything because I am just so used to being active. Plus, I was really really doing well on the whole mixing in cross-training with running thing. I was seeing lots of time improvement and I feel like all of that may be lost. However, I am just a teensy bit worried too. I haven't had a long run in forever.

I know I still have plenty of time until the marathon. But I AM going to have to reconfigure my schedule so that I am not doing an 18 this weekend, because I am just not ready (and still sick).

I am going to try to not worry about it, because worrying won't do anything AND it won't make me get better any faster.

So here is my new game plan:

• Take a look at my schedule and rework it so that it makes sense/I don't get injured
• Take a new look at goals...I was planning for a pretty significant PR, but I think I should concentrate on just having fun and feeling good (this is going to be hard) and take a look at time goals in a couple of weeks
• Concentrate on getting tons of sleep
• Continue drinking lots of liquids and eating healthy foods
• Get into the mental game...I just have to keep reminding myself that I have plenty of time to do this and do this well

No comments: