Friday, May 15, 2009

I Love Carbs!

...apparently a lot more than I thought I did.

I have now been tracking my nutrition for almost a week and I just can't seem to get that ratio of 50% carbs 25% protein and 25% fat. My intake looks more like 60-65% carbs, 18-23% protein and 16-24% fat. What is crazy is that I have really been laying off of the candy, cupcakes and other assorted sweets that I usually consume daily. I don't even want to think about what my totals used to look like.

I haven't really noticed a change in energy or anything, but that could be because I am still consuming massive amounts of carbs :)

My group run tomorrow coincides with the Healthy Kidney 10K in Central Park (which is a HUGE race) so that should be interesting. On the schedule it says it's a "Get to Know the Park" Run. I'm hoping that means trails and waterfalls like last year. That was fun. I'm not holding out any hope though because last week was a "Get to Know the Park" Run too, and we just ran the lower loop.

No comments: