Thursday, October 23, 2008

Last Post!

Well, last post before the marathon, that is.

I have basically been doing a whole bunch of nothing runningwise, which I guess is good since I AM on taper. I have also been consuming a LOT of carbs. You know, I would have thought that I already ate a lot of carbs during the day, but making 70% of your diet carbs is actually pretty hard. Not to mention that I feel extremely lethargic and like a big tub of lard. It's hard to believe that I used to eat like this all the time. I was going so crazy yesterday that I decided to have a salad yesterday for lunch instead of something so carb-rich like I had been doing all week. I felt like I was cheating, but I was like "PLEASE! All I want is a SALAD!" (I did get croutons on it.)

I had a nice, enjoyable run on Tuesday after Ramon's Course Click, where he described in detail what we would be doing the entire day of the marathon, all of the ins and outs of the course and what our strategy should be if we were going for a time. If that wasn't enough, he sent us an email so long that I couldn't print it out. I had to paste the text into a document. It was 14 PAGES LONG!!!! But I love that kind of detail. It gives me something to focus on instead of freaking out about little crazy things.

And? Guess who is the guest speaker at the TNT pasta dinner? John Bingham!!! The Penguin, himself! I am so pumped.

Looks like weather.com is predicting that Sunday will be sunny and in between 49-65F. PERFECT. I am READY TO GO.



Oh yeah. And did I tell you my goal? It's to beat Oprah's time. She ran the Marine Corps Marathon in 1994 with a 4:29.40.

2 comments:

Miss QLC said...

Congrats, Emily! We both beat Oprah this year :-) Hope you are recovering and feeling well after a great marathon!

Casey said...

Heck yeah!! You beat that Oprah!! You can do it!! :)