Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Taper

Well, I am now officially into taper. Hurrah!

Last nights workout was cake compared to other workouts. We still had to do intervals, but instead of doing like 14 of them mixed in with ten million hills, we did three of them, with one big hill.

We started at W90th in the park, ran easy up to 102nd and then started our first push. We crossed the park, ran down to 86th and turned around for an easy run back to 97th. This next part was the hard part. Not only were we pushing, but we were pushing Harlem Hill into Lasker Pool Hill (the toughest hills in Central Park) all the way back to W102nd. From there we ran easy to 97th and then pushed it back to 90th.

Taper is weird for me, because even though you are supposed to feel like you have a lot of energy, I often feel the opposite. Like last night, even though our workout was easy my legs were feeling tired. They were mostly feeling tired on the recovery parts of the run. I'm thinking though, that this may be because it was really my first taper run. I mean, I'm probably still tired from the rest of the season. At least I hope that's it.

I've also been pushing really hard to fundraise my last $1000 for Team in Training. Yesterday I had a pretty successful bakesale at work and today is my last day to turn in donations before I get charged for the final amount. Soooooo...if you'd like to help me out, you can click on the link to the right :)

I cannot believe that this marathon season is almost over! But I'm not too worried. After all, I'll begin training for the next one in December, which really isn't THAT far away. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you! Hope you have your best marathon ever. Are you planning to do Cincinnati in May?

Unknown said...

As of now, the plan is to run in Cincinnati again :)

Casey said...

I got tired during my spring taper. It's weird. I was so tired and achey that I started to doubt my ability to run again on Race Day, but apparently that's totally normal.

I'm hoping to do Cincinnati's full in May as well!

Enjoy your taper!

G-Rah said...

HOORAH FOR TAPER! You're soooooo close with your fundraising, superstar. You're almost there!

PS--"It's the Final Countdown" is such a great song.