Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Last night Bill and I went for our short recovery run in Riverside Park. I really haven't been in Riverside Park in awhile (except to walk our dog) and it was BEAUTIFUL. There were all of these pink trees in bloom (three different kinds...I don't know what they are but they are really pretty). It was still light out, and it seemed like everyone was out! I told Bill that it is pretty funny because in Cincinnati on a sunny Saturday, at Sawyer Point (the park downtown by the riverside) if there were that many people out everyone would say the park was crowded! I guess I just can't get over how many more people live in New York. I mean, it was a Tuesday night!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because every Saturday or Sunday in Central Park there are so many runners that it looks like there is a race every week. I guess too that parks are much more important here because they are like an oasis in the middle of the city.

Anyway, I digress.

My little, easy 20 minute run was HARD. It's not like my legs are sore or anything, they are just TIRED. It is an effort to move them to run. Bill was more sore from his run, which I think makes sense since he ran his farthest distance ever this weekend. I don't know. I have never had my legs feel this tired. I was thinking it might be all the walking I do here as opposed to Cincinnati, but I have been walking that much since the beginning of this marathon training. I am also a bit stressed out at work, so maybe that is contributing.

Tonight is supposed to be a 40 minute run. I don't know. I might move that to tomorrow. My legs are just soooooo tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog sounds so familiar. I have moved to a new job during this training season. My job keeps me on my feet alot. My motivation for training is minimal. But I will be there with you guys for the half in cincy. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you guys will do great.

Later.