Monday, April 28, 2008

So Tired

Uh oh. I hope I am not coming down with something. I am soooooo tired. Yesterday I pretty much didn't do anything except for sleep and run. I slept until 11 in the morning, took a two hour nap and was still tired. My run revitalized me until about mile 5.5, when my stomach felt awful. (Luckily I only had .5 miles left at that point).

I had thought about taking something like Airborne or Zicam, but I've taken them before when I've felt this way and all they do is hold off the sickness until you feel a little bit better but not completely. You end up stopping them because you just want to get sick and get it over with. My co-worker also went through this last week. This is NOT optimal timing for me to get sick. I have too much to do at work and of course, the marathon is Sunday. (Oh, and a 12 hour drive home. I guess luckily, Bill is doing the driving.)

OR maybe I am not sick at all. My sister visited us this weekend and we ate food that was a LOT richer than normal. We had a lot more fat too. That DOES always make me feel a little more sluggish and makes my stomach hurt a little. I also felt a little like this when I was fat-loading for the Chicago marathon.

Anyway, I can't believe that the marathon is this week! On one hand, it seems like I've been training forever, but on the other hand the whole thing seems so soon!

Bill and I are going to run together until the marathoners and half-marathoners split up. We have decided that runningwise we are good for each other. I help him keep pace so that he's not tired at the end and he keeps me chatting, which helps the run go faster. I also hope to run with Sarah from the Roncker's group. She's good for me too, for the same reason (plus she is good at helping me keep my pace!)

I am planning on running with the 4:30 pace group, and then if I have extra energy at the end, picking it up for the last few miles.

Oh, and also ( a bit of patting myself on the back here) I guess I really HAVE lost some belly fat. (I always start to doubt this when I look in the mirror. I guess I just get used to the way I look.) I put my pants on today that I just bought in September for my high school reunion and they don't fit!They are down by my hip bones and my belt doesn't even HAVE a notch to make them fit (it would have to be about an inch and a half out from the last notch). And when I looked at the most worn notch from before, it was the second to last one! So I don't feel AS bad about indulging on two donuts yesterday :)

No comments: