Monday, October 1, 2007

Down to the Wire

OK, so I am only semi-freaking out about Chicago.
The problem is, that I was sick this past week. So I only got 3 miles in. I am really itching to run, but I know that my body was way too weak, and running would have only made it worse. The good thing is, that I was sick this PAST week and not the upcoming one. I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't run in the marathon on Sunday.
I am still in recovery mode...but I am down to a cough and stuffiness, which beats everything I've been dealing with this weekend.

Tomorrow I have a nice and easy 4 mile run with the group. I am looking forward to seeing my little mini-group one last time before the marathon.

We also have a clinic before the group about marathon day strategies. I am planning on packing my bag Wednesday. (I am always freaking out about this stuff way to early, just in case I forget something).

I am also fat-loading this week which will be fun. Today's lunch is Mediteranean (all those fats that are good for you) and tonight is fondue (some of those fats that are bad for you). I am supposed to feel lethargic and bloated by the end of the week, but my book assures me that it will pay off in the long run. I am also supposed to stay away from too much fiber. This all is starting to sound pretty gross :(

Oh yes, and did anyone catch the season premiere of 'the Office'? They had a 5k fun run and the one guy was all worried about chafing his nipples. He was also wearing a lot of technical gear and was downing GUs even though it was only a 5k. Pretty funny.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Did you see his bloody nipples at the end? Yuk!