Thursday, October 18, 2007

Work-Life Balance

Forget about me not WANTING to run lately. My schedule lately has made it difficult for me to even find time to run! It is so crazy. I find that it is at these times that I actually need running the most...to help clear my head or just to get all of that pent-up energy out of me after sitting at my desk all day.

So what have I been doing at home (when I actually am home)? Lifting little eight pound weights in front of the TV. I know. It sounds stupid. But it is better than nothing. :)

Also, training for a 10k is not very rewarding for me...which is completely stupid. Because although my marathon time has improved to a 10:30ish mile, my 10k time last year yielded 9:09 miles the entire time! I should be excited to try to improve on that AND to try and get out of my marathon pace and start working on speed. That IS what keeps me wanting to train. I would be embarassed if after all the work I've put into running this year actually made me slower for my 10k.

Ah, it is competition that keeps me going. Even if it is competition with myself. Runners are a weird group of people that way. (Because I know at least 2 other runners with the same mentality. That leads me to believe there are even more).

I was going to do an easy 4 miles with my group on Saturday, but they decided not to meet up. I will FORCE myself to do them on my own. Even if it is running the Lunken loop by myself.

Oh, and here's some weirdness: I have been waking up with the WORST charley-horses. The only thing I can think of is that it is because I have stopped running regularly.
Ha! My body is probably telling me to stop being lazy, too.

Anyway, I wish the BEST of luck to everyone doing Columbus this weekend! It looks like it is going to be really great weather (ok, a LITTLE warm, but hey, everyone trained in this crazy summer, right?).

No comments: