Friday, October 12, 2007

To Run or Not to Run

After much deliberation I have decided not to run. :(

See, a bunch of people in my running group are doing Columbus next week to make up for Chicago. I really really want to. I mean, I KNOW I could have kept the pace if I had water and it wasn't so darned HOT. I would probably have done a 4:45 and that would be a 30 minute improvement from my first marathon.

HOWEVER, I want to continue this whole 2 marathons a year thing. I figure with my knee already a little sketchy (if it still hurts by December I have to talk about surgery), it might not be a good idea. Besides, I got to finish the race, so its not like I didn't do 26.2 miles. Even if 8 of those miles were walking. So I don't know if my body would be up to it.

It makes me kind of sad and kind of angry though, because I want that time so badly.

I am trying to be smart about it all though.

I am definitely planning on the Pig this May! Let's hope that their 10 year anniversary is better than Chicago's 30th!

I have been having nightmares about the marathon every night. The whole thing just keeps replaying in my head. It has been EVERY NIGHT SINCE THE MARATHON. Yuck. I would like to just get back to a normal sleep/dream cycle. I'm hoping that just getting back into running this weekend will help that all go away.

Tomorrow I am running with my marathon group again. My mini-group is going to be there too, and we are going to go out to breakfast afterwards to exchange stories. I am looking forward to it! But it's funny, now that the marathon is over an 8 mile workout actually seems like a lot :)

No comments: