Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Final Group Run

Last night we had our last group run. It was sort of melancholy.

Plus, I was stupid. We had a happy hour at our work right before. I was smart by only drinking one drink. But I was stupid because I stuffed myself with stuffed mushrooms, bacon wrapped asparagus, rich cheeses, and roast beef on toast with creamy horseradish. Very good at the time. And I thought, well it is only four miles. I should be fine. Ha ha! It is still running. And that is some rich food.

So BESIDES that, it was a good run.

My mini-group of four was a little slaphappy, making corny jokes and talking about Chicago as we ran. Four miles really felt like nothing. It felt like a really good way to stretch out my legs. Very enjoyable. It almost made me want to run four miles every day after the marathon. But I know how that goes from past experience. I HATE three-milers. I think I was just feeling euphoric. And a little sad.

I asked my mini-group 'so is this it? I mean, since everyone is running in different marathons I guess there is no official "end"?' We guessed so. :(

We made plans to meet up before the race though. I hope we all end up doing that! I would be great to run with all of that moral support! Plus, I want my family to meet my running friends!

It's getting exciting! I'm thinking about packing tonight!

1 comment:

nothingeverything said...

Good Luck. I followed your blog for the Pig and now for Chicago you've become quite the runner. All the best.