Friday, October 26, 2007

Confession

Yes, I haven't really been running much lately. I haven't even really been thinking about running lately.

I've just been so busy. Which means that I actually SHOULD be running because it is good for me.

I signed up for a subscription to Runner's World though...does that count?

It is going to be very hard for me to run tomorrow, because when I get busy like this, the thing I look forward to the most is sleeping in. Even if I set my alarm with the best intentions, I wake up before it even goes off and turn it off. So tomorrow is going to be difficult. Because I really really want to run. I also don't have my group to get my butt out of bed (OK, not literally. I WAS part of a rowing team in college and about 8 of us had to call this one girl to make sure she really actually was up so that we could have practice. But I meant more in a figurative sense...just having set practices makes me go to them.)

It's ridiculous. I AM JUST NOT MOTIVATED.

I actually thought about joining the tail end of the Thanksgiving Day 10k group, but I would miss most of the practices because of all the travel I am doing for work.

I need to find a good solution.

How does everyone else stay motivated?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a running partner. If we're lucky we get to run together once a week on Saturdays. We have small kids and have to do our weekday running on a treadmill. But it helps knowing she's home doing the same as me and we can get together on Saturdays for our long runs. It's nice having an event to train for too. I find myself wishing the Flying Pig wasn't so far off. I've got to find some events to plan for between now and then. You motivate me too! Thanks for the blog - it helps hearing the running ups and downs of others.

P.O.M. said...

I was feeling the same way - especially since i was recovery from my first marathon. But what motivated me this week - I put my fat A$$ on the scale.

Since the scale debacle, I am gung ho working out - otherwise i would be sitting on my couch, drinking wine, watching movies.