Monday, October 15, 2007

Back to Running

Oh it felt sooooo good to run on Saturday. EVEN THOUGH it was in Lunken! I really, seriously didn't have any issues with that stupid loop that I usually hate.

Maybe it was because it was so cold that I could actually see my breath. But it was probably because we all talked the ENTIRE time. Everyone wanted to know about the Chicago marathon and everyone in my little mini-group (me, Erik, Lindsay and Sarah) wanted to share our stories. Hearing them again (and in the context of a bunch of runners who didn't run Chicago) they really are truly amazing stories. It also just felt physically good to run again. I think the whole thing was a really good dose of mental and physical therapy. :)

5 miles also felt like nothing. I think I could have done 5 more without a problem.

But my mini-group wanted to go on to breakfast and I couldn't object. Especially when it was IHOP!

It is kind of sad because I know I won't see some of them again. I have to skip practice on Tuesday, and Saturday only a few people will come for the short 4 mile run because they are all heading off to Columbus.

I decided not to run it, even though I want my time really really badly. I was confirmed in this decision when I went to dinner Saturday night and my shins hurt. Even though I walked 8 of the miles of the marathon, I guess my body feels like I did the whole thing.

Now I am going to set my sites on the Thanksgiving Day Race which is only a 10k. It will be hard to train (mostly) on my own, but then again, it is only a 10k.

I am already mentally planning my marathon schedule for 2008!

No comments: