Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Flying Pig Highlights

I have to say, that the Flying Pig is one of the greatest experiences ever! I know that I have only run one other marathon, but I still think that I would vote for the Flying Pig as one of my favorites even if I had run a ton of other ones. I like it so much that it was still enjoyable even though I had to "Plan C" my run.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL and perfect for running...sunny the whole time with temps ranging from the 40s to the 60s.

The crowds were so much bigger (and more supportive) than last year, which was great because from mile 17 onward I was pretty much done :)

Bill, however ran a GREAT race. He was hoping for a 2:11 for his half and ended up with a 2:02!!!!!

I ended up off my goal of 4:22 by a lot BUT it's okay because had the course only been 26.2 miles I might have actually made the goal I had for Chicago of 4:45. (There was a huge fire at mile 22 and they had to reroute the course. By doing that they added on .25 miles. I am SO GLAD that I didn't know that because I was dying at that point and I would have been so mad. I ended up with a 4:48 but with the recalculation I would have had around a 4:46...not that far off of my Chicago goal!).

Afterwards I had a nice big beer, and let me tell you, it was the best beer I ever tasted!

More to come later, but I'm being totally lazy since I'm on vacation. :)

3 comments:

nothingeverything said...

Awesome!! Congrats!! It is an awfully fun race.

Anonymous said...

Well done! I think crowd support is important and can give you that extra push at the end. Glad you both had nice runs and fun too.

Judi said...

It was so fun! Congrats!

I finished in 4:46 OR 4:43 with the added 1/4 mile.