Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Frustration Workout

I HATE it when I feel like I have a bad run.

Yesterday, Bill and I went for a run along the Hudson. It was just an easy, 30 minute run. I don't know what it was. I was so out of breath the whole time and I really felt like I was working hard. I think that some of this was because we were going a little faster than what I have been running lately with my group, but it couldn't have been JUST that.

I was just so frustrated because when I feel like I am ONLY running for a short time or distance, the whole time I am thinking in my head that it should be easy and I should be able to do it. But my legs just felt heavy, and I just felt tired. It's like I know that I can do better and I can't figure out why I feel so crappy.

At any rate, I am in London again for the whole week...which means that I am missing my group workout tonight. It's too bad because tonight we are learning about Effort Levels. I have never done anything like this before, so I am curious to know how they work. I am really going to have to make an effort to run this week. I have a 9-miler at the end of the week, and if I slack I know I am going to feel it. Right now though, I can't think about it because I am sooooooo jet-lagged. :)

No comments: