Tuesday, May 13, 2008

TNT

That's Team in Training...not dynamite.

Tonight is my first group practice. I am very excited. According to all of the literature, I am an "advanced runner" which basically means that I can run 8 miles and want to finish under 5 hours. It also means that I will be training 5-6 times a week. That will be good for me. I want that 4:22 more than ever now!

Even though I am supposed to be in the advanced group, my coach said that I should take it easy until the beginning of June so that my body can recover from the marathon. Sounds good to me!

I have no idea how long the run is going to be tonight. It is called a "get acquainted with the park" run. I pretty much am acquainted with it, because of all the training I did for the Pig, but it will be fun to run with a group and maybe I will find out some cool stuff about the park/trails etc. that I didn't know.

I am leaving straight from work in order to make it up there on time, so I will be wearing my training clothes in the subway. That should be funny :)

No comments: