Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Always Onto the Next Thing

I know, I know, I should be writing about the Pig, since it's this weekend. BUT I have been doing a lot of cool TNT things lately, so I had to post.

First of all, I got to meet all of the other mentors at a potluck. It was fun, there were cupcakes, it was on a roofdeck downtown on a sunny day...do I have to say more?

I also found out something cool...

Coach Steve, the coach who was not going to coach anymore because he was going to med school, is coming back!!! Unfortunately, he has no idea where he is going to med school yet, but for the time being he is going to coach. I am SO EXCITED because he and Ramon are my favorite coaches ever. I actually got to work more with Steve than Ramon, because Ramon sort of belongs to all of the groups and Steve was always with the advanced group. He is the one that coached me through that awful bridge in the Marine Corps Marathon. I can't wait to work with him again. He made me go FAST. Yay!

Also, last night I went to the Nike Women's Marathon preview party to help recruit marathoners for the event. It was fun, and I do like talking to people and trying to convince them that yes, they CAN do a marathon. We had to watch a preview video of the event and it made me SO EXCITED to be training for it!

Our big selling points for the event?

• We get a Tiffany's necklace instead of a medal
• This Tiffany's necklace is handed to us by a San Francisco fireman in a tuxedo
• Very cute Nike shirts
• Pedicure stops along the marathon (uh, I want to PR, not get a pedicure)
• Chocolate stop at mile 22 (Gross)
• It's in San Francisco

In addition, I had a few things that sold me on the event.

• It is the biggest TNT marathon...the pasta party sat 7,000 in one room last year
• Gina said I had to do it because it is the coolest marathon ever
• I get all excited in big groups of enthusiasm, and that's what it seems like this will be

I also saw my friend Eric last night, and he warned me "Don't listen to anyone who tells you the hills aren't bad on that course. They are lying to you."

I actually appreciated that. It's nice to know, because that's all I have been hearing from people.

Anyway, I am excited about my next marathon, even though the one I'm training for hasn't even been run yet.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Awww, how adorable...I'm a little jealous / sad. I'm still going to run with you, buddy.