Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gross Foot Talk

There. Fair warning.

I have a corn in between my fourth and fifth toe. I actually didn't know what a corn was, until I got one. Turns out they SOUND grosser than they are. All it is basically is an inverted callous.

I have actually had it for quite awhile, but I keep forgetting about it because during the day it really doesn't bother me. It's when I go on my runs that it does. Then it is like the most painful thing in the world. But then I go to bed and forget about it.

After last night's run though, I was in a considerable amount of pain. I figured this was something I should probably take care of before the marathon. So I looked it up and found out all about corns.

I'm wondering if it's my shoes. I have never had this problem before.

Gross.

My recently purchased Dr Scholl's salicylic acid pads promise me that this could be gone in only 2 days. Let's hope so.

2 comments:

BizSmith said...

I have to agree with your thoughts, it is probably the runners.
If the stuff you bought does not work, you might try one of these home remedies, Corns-Gone.comGood Luck

Casey said...

Good luck with that. I heard that those pads are supposed to work really well. My mom used them when I was younger, and we'd find corn pads all over the place. On the couch. In bed. Stuck on the bottom of our shoes. Keep an eye out! :)