Monday, April 13, 2009

Hurrah! 20!

Bill and I needed a little change of scenery for our 20 this weekend. Basically, I just couldn't stand the options presented before me (three loops around central park and THEN another 2 miles?...2 loops around central park and then run to the tip of manhattan and back? ugh.) It was time for a field trip.

So for the first time all winter, we actually got up EARLY for a run (think, before 7am). We caught the 7:55 to Hartsdale and did our 20 mile run up there.

Did I mention that it was raining?

Not just sprinkles either. Lots and lots of raining. So I was glad Bill was there to chat with me. It made the run a lot easier and it made me concentrate on the crappy weather a lot less.

Hartsdale was also good because it is a pretty hill course (which I forgot about). It's not that Central Park doesn't have hills...but I think we're so much more used to them. AND we know when they are coming up in the course. Plus these were much more rolling, and I think closer to the Flying Pig Course.

Our goal was a 10 minute mile and we did really well at keeping that pace.

I enjoy running with Bill so much that I suggested to him that we run together through the whole marathon....for real this time. I think we could both use each other for support.

We finished with a 3:27, which averaged out to a 10:21 pace. EDIT: Whoops. I meant a 3:17. That is a 9:51...a little different. :)

I felt good, but tired afterwards and went home to sleep for the rest of the afternoon :)

1 comment:

Jives said...

Ugh, your 20-miler was in the rain??? You are much braver than me. :-)

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!