Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SLACKER

Yes, I have been a slacker. Mostly because of the weather, but also because when I woke up at 4am on Saturday morning I felt like absolute crap. I got up every subsequent hour until 7, so when it came time to turn off the alarm I just said "Forget it. I'm not running today." Then I totally had good intentions of running in the morning on Sunday before I had my friends over for a little knitting get-together (which was at one), but when I went out that night it was so freaking cold that I was like "this is treadmill weather, NOT running outside weather." Too bad the gym didn't open until noon. Needless to say, a workout did not happen. So I have been a total slacker. BUT I feel a little better because of Coach Joe's email which said "If you totally miss a workout or two...do not worry. You will not lose your base and you can just jump right in with us the next time." Seems like a lot of people have been missing due to weather problems. What ARE we supposed to do when they do not clean off the sidewalks. I am really itching to get a run in!!!

No comments: