Monday, February 4, 2008

My Sweet New Running Mix :)

Yesterday was my ten-miler and it was GREAT. I did a huge loop in Central Park. Last time I had a long run I actually just ran the perimeter of the park. I wasn't sure about all the trails and everything and wanted to get an accurate mileage total. This time I ran around the streets inside the park. It was so much better! Central Park is absolutely beautiful even in the dead of winter.

It did feel like a spring day, though. I was completely overdressed and started shedding clothes in my first mile. It was also really crowded. I think everyone was enjoying the springish weather.

I also felt like it was a good run because I finally got to put some hills in. Along the top of the park and going west there is a HUGE hill that wraps around and around (my favorite kind...jk). I think it is actually called "Great Hill". It reminded me a lot of Erie, going towards the police station.

Also, I had an EXCELLENT new running mix. It helped me get through everything!

Just in case you were wondering, here it is:

Dick is a Killer - A president Bush Mash-up by Rx
Knock Em Out - Lily Allen
Hash Pipe - Weezer
Movies of Myself - Rufus Wainwright
Somebody to Love - Queen
Run for Your Life - The Beatles
The New Year - Death Cab for Cutie
Uptight - Stevie Wonder
Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
Sheep Go to Heaven - Cake
OPP - Naughty By Nature
The Tape - Sondre Lerche
Icky Thump - The White Stripes
Pump It - Black Eyed Peas (of course)
Short Skirt/Long Jacket - Cake
Space Dementia - Muse
She Is - The Fray
Female of the Species - Space
Man, It's So Loud in Here - They Might be Giants
Love Today - Mika
Me Against the Music - Britney Spears
Fidelity - Regina Spektor
Girl, You Have No Faith in Medicine - The White Stripes
Get Him Back - Fiona Apple
In The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Vertigo - U2
Don't Stop Me Now - The Vandals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your list of songs! All good ones.

damguy said...

nice list. what's your stance on marathons disqualifying runners for wearing headphones against race rules? what will you be listening to during the pig?

Unknown said...

I can't believe that they disqualified runners in the Minnesota Marathon for wearing headphones! It also seems like a LOT of effort to prove a point (looking through all of the finish photos). I hope they would never do that at the Pig. My plan is to listen to my running mix that I talked about in this blog, plus another running mix I made at the same time. I'm training to both of them, so hopefully I can recall some great moments when I hear the songs during the race!