Thursday, January 31, 2008

Eh Run

Last night's run was "eh". It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful either.

I was pretty much dreading the four miles and almost talked myself into slacking it and just doing two. It had finally gotten a little colder and the wind was crazy. Plus, I was just in a foul mood and didn't feel like going.

Once again, running made me feel better. It cleared my head definitely, but it wasn't that great physically. I felt like I was lifting boulders every time I tried to lift my legs. At our first mile Bill told me we were a minute off pace. I asked if that meant we did an 11 minute mile and he said yes. Normally that would get me down since this was another mid-miler for me, but I didn't care. At that point I was just logging miles to log miles.

We actually ran along Riverside Drive instead of going into the park, which was okay. I think I like running in the park better for the variation of trails. I actually wanted to try running closer to the river yesterday, but Bill wanted to skip the park. It was fine with me because I just wanted to vary our route a little. Besides, there are two sets of steps leading up to the street in Morningside Heights that are KILLER. I always feel like Rocky (at the BEGINNING of the movie where he can't do it). Besides, running along the river would have sucked because it was kind of windy. I could tell when we were running back over the overpass in Harlem and the wind was whipping in from the river. It made it hard to run.

Luckily though, we have been negative splitting all of our runs lately. By an entire minute! That is good for me, because I really don't do that. I actually do the opposite of a negative split. So yay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on having an "eh run." I had one yesterday too! At least we got out there and at the end felt better about our day.

Judi said...

Hey - I see you kept your blog up. I read it last year when we were training for the Pig. I stopped reading it after the race though. I entered a triathlon and am now totally addicted. Good to see your running the race again this year.

Anonymous said...

My "eh" run was Saturday...Joe N. and I decided to run Mt. Adams/Eden Park last Thursday (flashback to that awful Run for the Monet!) and my legs are KILLING me. I was dragging during our 5 miler around Lunken yesterday. :-S