Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Healthy Eating

Well, Bill is keeping true to his word of making me eat like a runner should. And I have been using enormous self-control when it comes to eating...so much so, that when I had dinner last night it made me feel awful. It wasn't the actual meal (turkey soft tacos with lettuce, cheese, and non-fat sour cream) but how much of it I ate.

I had two rather large tortillas when I usually have 2 smaller size tortillas. Let me tell you, when 10pm rolled around I did NOT get hungry like I normally did. I felt like my dinner was sitting in my stomach. OK, lesson learned: no more splurging.

I find that the hardest things for me to do in this is getting enough protein to build up my muscles. This is especially difficult since I don't like all the things you are supposed to have after a run.

I hate yogurt. (I have tried it every year...different kinds too, even the ones that taste like pies. Still hate it.)
I hate milk.
Eggs are gross.
Fish is gross.

Oh, and by the way, I am NOT a picky eater. I know it sounds like it, but really I will eat just about anything. I even went for an entire two weeks in Japan eating nothing but different kinds of fish even though I hated it and it made me feel sick the entire time.

Anyway, so I've been eating a handful of nuts after a run. Not exactly what I want after a run (think more like...pancakes! donuts! fried hashbrowns!), but at least I am getting my protein.

No comments: