Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Running Therapy

Let's face it, New York is much much speedier than Cincinnati life and the LAST thing I want to do when I get home is run. I am just physically and emotionally exhausted. And it doesn't help that it gets dark here around 4:30 pm.

However, since now I run with Bill, we MAKE each other go out to run. Last night my wanting to slack was even unspoken. I didn't want to run and was totally thinking of blowing off my run (it was only a 20-30 minute recovery run on my schedule) but as I was walking home from the grocery store I called Bill to tell him I was running late and he said "okay, well I'm dressed and ready to run when you get home". Oh well, no more slacking.

It ended up being a good thing, because it ALWAYS makes me feel a little more centered. It is a good way to wind down after work and before going back to my messy apartment. Plus, I think the cold air is good for me. Or at least it feels that way.

So maybe that's why there are so many runners in New York. It's cheaper than therapy and cheaper than a gym membership ;)

No comments: