Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Goldfish a No-Go

I am stupid. I only packed myself a sandwich for lunch yesterday, (no fruit, no snacks, etc) so when I got home last night I knew I should eat something before my run. I had a little time too, because Bill was taking Benvy out when I got through the door. So what did I do? I got dressed superfast and sat on the couch with a bag of Goldfish crackers. I gourged myself. Oh, and then I topped it off with the last Mallomar in the box.

Needless to say, I did NOT feel good during my run. Well, I mean I actually had a good run, but my stomach didn't feel 100%. We did 5ish miles (maybe more?) at a pretty fast clip. Well, fast for me. I think we might have been doing about a 9:30 the whole time. Since I base my runs on time instead of mileage (because on mapmyrun.com they don't actually have the trails laid out in Riverside Park) it is difficult for me to tell how far I ran (you have NO idea how annoying this is to me).

Unfortunately, good runs for me = bad runs for Bill. He just wasn't feeling it last night. We think it might be because he took a week off from running last week. Come to think of it , the last time I ran was also Tuesday. But I guess it probably affects me less because I have been running for the past year. And also, my long runs are up to 10 miles whereas I think Bill's is about 6. So this was kind of a lot of mileage for him.

Maybe tonight we will both have good runs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that you will be doing your long runs solo, have you thought about how you are going to handle hydration during the run? I'm trying to figure this out for myself and wondered if you'd tried anything. Fuel belts, carrying a water bottle, hand-helds with straps, etc? I really hate the though of having to keep up with something actually "on my person", but I've got to do something.

It would bug me too, not knowing the exact distance of my run. I've started keeping a running log and love documenting the "details". =)

Unknown said...

I did actually break down and buy fuel belt (it looks more like a fanny pack) I meant to wear it last night to see how I liked it but forgot. I am going to try it tonight. I did try it on for a little in-place jog at my apartment and it seems pretty ergonomic. So we'll see.