Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year from New York!

Yes, I am finally moved (though not completely unpacked) and just starting to think about my running plans for the year. Of course I am starting my training for the Flying Pig THIS weekend.

I haven't decided if I want to do my long run (which will consist of a 6.2 mile loop around Central Park) on Saturday or Sunday. I guess it depends on how my unpacking goes.

I have also decided to run (or at least try out running) with the Resevoir Dogs. This is mainly because I think their name is cool, but also because their office is pretty much close to where I live. BUT I am NOT running until this weekend. I may regret this later, but for now it seems like a good idea. I have found out though, that my legs will most likely be screaming at me because of this. Why? Because after booking it up the hill to the post office (and walking the dog, and exploring the neighborhood, etc. etc.) my legs are SORE. This is depressing, but I have to keep reminding myself that New Yorkers do a LOT more walking than normal people. I just need time to get used to it. Hopefully that means that my burrito baby (coined after what happens to your stomach right after you eat a burrito at Chipotle) will melt away. Luckily our kitchen is FINALLY unpacked so I do not have to eat fast food another night. That should help too ;)

Also my husband and our friends have all decided to run the half marathon! Hurrah! I think some of them even signed up for the Roncker training program. Yippee! I know they will have lots of fun. I made Bill a deal: I help him with training things I've learned about running and he forces me to eat like a runner should. Pretty soon we'll be amongst the fittest people in New York (yeah right).

No comments: