Friday, January 4, 2008

New Clothes!

OK, so the only thing that makes me want to run this weekend is the fact that I have a bunch of new running clothes to try out. Is that bad?

I think it is because I have been inactive for too long AND it is just way too cold out.
I know that I like running in the cold once I'm out there, but seriously my bed is just too warm and nice to get out of to run.

So I am going to run so that I can wear my new clothes.

I got a cool technical shirt from my Mom and Dad that says "26.2 Miles and Still Smiling", the Chicago Marathon jacket that I wanted, (btw, I was just on the site so that I could link to my jacket and they have these shirts that say "2007 Finisher". I don't know if they had these before...I am assuming they did...but given the circumstances of the Chicago Marathon this year I thought that was kind of weird? morbid? dark? I don't know.) and these cool gloves from Nike that have a pocket to hold your keys (on each of them!). I also got a headband that matches the gloves. Now, I am not usually a headband kind of person because of how stupid they make me look, but this one is cute. I might have to forgo the headband for my CoolWool hat though, because it is sooooooo cold here right now.

I don't think I'm going to try out the running group this weekend because they meet at 9:30, and hopefully by that point I will be on my way to catch the free shuttle to IKEA for some serious rug shopping. But I am going to try and meet up with them on Tuesday for some speedwork. So it looks like the long run is going to be on Sunday, which is fine, because that is what my running plan from the Pig website says I should be doing anyway :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love new clothes too...I used to think that most of it wasn't worth how expensive it is, but I'm kinda hooked.

I got a Mizuno half-zip shirt for Christmas and it has neat little thumb-holes in it. Awesome in cold weather.

I also got the same gloves from Running Warehouse in grey! And found the matching headband at the Nike Outlet.

No point really, just thought it was ironic.

By the way, this is Carrie, I emailed you last year about joining the Running Spot trainng group! Still reading your blogs! :)