Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Maybe If I Learned How to Read...

Looks like I will not be running with the Reservoir Dogs tonight...they do not meet on Tuesdays, but on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I am actually trying to figure out if I should run tonight or not, as I am still sore. I also have to work out my running schedule, because I don't like having a rest day on a Monday.

I AM already starting on proper running nutrition though. I want to stay healthy because the weather has been crazy around here. Last Thursday it was 7 degrees and today it is supposed to get up to 65. When it switches back in forth like that is usually when I get sick. Also, I realize that I need to eat lots of calories RIGHT AWAY after my long runs. After my long run on Sunday I went back home, had a glass of water, went out for a walk with my dog and then came back to have an apple and some peanuts (the protein I need!). I must have waited too long to reload because I was exhausted! We then went on the bus to IKEA and I was almost asleep before I got lunch (chicken caesar salad...more protein!).

The good thing is, that since we had to move we have all new snacks in our cabinets. That means that there is not a lot of junk food for me to be like "well, I DID run today" and eat anyway. The bad thing is that there are free snacks and free breakfast at my work. So far I have been good, but it is hard to pass up those donuts, cinnamon rolls and coffee cake to opt for some raisin bran. :(

No comments: