Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New York Running Company

A couple of weeks ago I went to my first running store here, the New York Running Company. I needed to get a fuel belt and I opted for the bottle carrier one because I just don't think I'd like having all those little bottles bouncing around on my waist. Plus, I personally think they look kind of dorky. I know, I know, the one I got is really not that much better (in fact, some may call it a "fanny pack" which is about as dorky as you can get) but for some reason I think it is less dorky. Just a personal thing.

I also had to get a Nike armband for my new Christmas toy, my nano (the one in Tiffany blue, of course). It had to be the Nike armband because Bill also got me the little chip that you put in your shoe to keep track of your workout, pace, mileage etc. I still haven't used this because I haven't actually gotten the velcro for it yet. (I don't actually have the Nike plus shoes, so I need to hack mine). But anyway, the Nike + armband is the only one that works because it is the only one that allows for the little module that you have to attach at the bottom. I can't wait to use it! I am just being lazy. Maybe I will go out and get the velcro today on my lunch break :)

Anyway, The New York Running Company was a pretty decent running store. They had just about everything I needed AND they are on a subway stop that is close to my apartment. They didn't have EVERYTHING though. I think I was spoiled by the Running Spot which had just about anything you could ever think of needing for your runs and a lot of things you didn't even think of. But I am remaining optimistic. Because EVERYONE runs in NYC and come on, it's the home of the New York Marathon! So I am just going to keep shopping around. Anyone who knows of a great running store in Manhattan, please let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paragon sports is fantastic! 867 Broadway, www.paragonsports.com